PLC Programmer / Controls Engineer shall be in-charge of the total operational control of a project by parts and as a whole. As an EC&I, you will be programming the control and automation systems for pharmaceutical containment and biotechnical equipment. You will also develop the hardware and drawings necessary for the controls such as the electrical schematics, IO allocation table, pneumatic diagrams, and general electrical arrangement drawing or layout. Finally, you will commission the whole system and test that all functional and system requirements are met.
- PLC programming: from basic logic, to sequencing, data logging, diagnostics, data communications and integration with external or third-party systems.
- HMI layout and programming: from basic layout, to animations, data logging, and scripts.
- Design and drafting of electrical control schematics and IO table: use of AutoCAD Electrical as CAD
- Electrical panel layout and general arrangement drawings: use of AutoCAD Electrical as CAD
- Design and drafting of P&ID or process flow diagrams: use of AutoCAD Electrical as CAD
- Working with mechanical engineer in ensuring mechanical system suits the design of the electrical and control system.
- Working with validation team / sales / project coordination team in ensuring that all project technical requirements are captured and implemented in the project.
- Formulation of technical documents and system specifications
- Commissioning and testing of the whole system which usually includes programming changes, electrical checks, sensor checks and calibration adjustment, and tubing / piping checks.
- Performing Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Installation and Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) on-site and Site Acceptance Test (SAT).
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Engineering degree in Electronics / Electrical / Computer / Mechatronics / Instrumentation with at least 2 years of industrial experience in design and programming of automation and control systems.
- Solid programming background and experience with PLC preferably with Siemens S7300/1200/1500 controllers and/or Allen-Bradley Micrologix/Compactlogix. Programming language experience required: Ladder Diagram and Structured Text. Knowledge with other PLC brands is an advantage but not required.
- Solid programming background and experience with HMI preferably with Siemens Comfort/Advanced Panels and/or Allen-Bradley PanelView. Knowledge with other HMI brands is an advantage but not required.
- Knowledge in designing and drafting electrical controls using AutoCAD Electrical. Familiar with IEC code in electrical panel and wiring requirements. Knowledge in UL is an advantage.
- Knowledge in designing and drafting pneumatic and tubing/piping instrumentation systems using AutoCAD Electrical. Familiar with various pneumatic valves, actuators, sensors, and fittings are required.
- Familiar with P&ID drawings and standard as per ISA5.1.
- Familiar and experience making IO allocation table and cross-referencing with electrical control schematics.
- Knowledge in fieldbus and industrial networking: Profinet, Profibus, Modbus RS485, Modbus TCP/IP and Ethernet / IP are required. Knowledge with other fieldbus technology is an advantage but not required.
- Ability to make technical documentations such as user and operating manual, system manual, validation and testing documents, Factory acceptance test (FAT) protocol and design or functional specifications of the project.
- Familiar with various instrumentation devices, such as gas analyzers, flow transmitters, weighing scale, etc.